Friday, May 31, 2013

I see skies of bluuuuue!

Look what I did today!!!! 



Wooooeeee! It was seriously the best thing ever. A group of us bought discount tickets to Coney Island a while ago and we decided to make the trek out there today. And guess what - it was a perfect summer's day! So good for the soul. Even better than chicken soup. 
Here's the group: Abby, Matthew, Carolyn, Brendan, Nicole, Melanie and Jon... and Dalton joined us later. After a little sun time on the beach, we grabbed some hot dogs, chicken fingers and fish 'n chips... naturally. THEN, we rode some cray cray rides. Seriously, though. Some of them were cray to the cray and I have the bruises to prove it. But it was still a party and a half! I'm so glad we did it.

Do you know what is also good for the soul? Road trips.
 Brendan took Ross (a long-time BFF) and me upstate to his mom's house for Memorial Day weekend! I loved it. So good to just get in a car every once in awhile and go! 
And Costco muffins add to the fun as well.
Brendan and Ross golfed with David, Brendan's big bro, on Memorial Day and I was the designated golf-cart driver. Don't drink and drive.
I had never been golfing before, so it was fun to see how it all works. Absolutely thrilling, really.
 Get it. 
 On the way home from golf, we were stopped so the local parade could pass through. This is Bainbridge, New York, people... So this is basically the whole parade. But it was totes worth stopping 2 lanes of traffic for... ;) 
 The young men and women programs in the Manhattan Stake put on a street fair a couple weeks ago and it was so fun! Lots of live music, carnival games and my favorite: baked goods for only a dollar! The weather was supposed to be rainy all day and I was told that the young men and women in the stake had been praying that the weather would hold off long enough for the street fair to finish. And guess what... miracles happen. It was definitely overcast all day, but the rain didn't hit till 3:55 pm and the fair ended at 4. It was crazy, though, cuz when the rain hit, it hit HARD! There were a bunch of flash flood warnings beforehand, so luckily everyone pitched in and we were able to get the fair cleaned up just in the knick of time! My journey home that day involved wading through knee-high water... just to catch the bus. 
We had a little girls night and watched Bunheads. Cute show! I love my girl nights... it definitely gives me something to look forward to during the week. Here's Abby, Melanie and Myriam and Amber, who are both subletters! That means they are only my roomies for a few weeks.
This is my first time having a TV in NYC and it's been great! And it was free... it came with the apartment, which is pretty great too! Ugh. My life is so hard.
 And another sneak peek of the new diggy digs... what you've all been waiting for, I'm sure. It's hard to capture everything in a picture, but this might give you a little idea of how small the space is. I call it my shoebox. But it's a lovely shoebox, if I do say so myself! And here's a little shout-out to Skylar and Amanda on my wall... 1 week from today!!! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment