Saturday, May 25, 2013

April showers bring May... showers? Woof.

Seriously. Where's all the May flowers?!? We have had a few teaser days of spring/summer, but for the most part it has been super rainy and a little bit chilly here. So over it. It has been about a 7 month winter and this Vegas girl ain't happy 'bout it.

However, I have managed to do a few fun things over the last little while despite the cray cray weather...
 Janae and Dane came to visit!!! It was SO fun to have them here for a couple days... they even stayed at my apartment! I love them both dearly and can't wait to meet Debzi Jr. in just about a month!
 Brendan and I accompanied Janae and Dane to the 9/11 Memorial one afternoon. Notice the winter coats. Not okay.
And we also accompanied them on a mini walk on the Brooklyn Bridge!
 And what's a trip to the NYC without a Shake Shack run?! I think they had a good time. :) They were a little scared of Harlem and we had a few interesting rides on the subway, but they got to see Newsies and experience a little bit of city life! 
 Oh ya know, just enjoying some time in Central Park on a beautiful Sunday afternoon... oh wait. It was FREEZING! But nothin' keeps Melanie and Abby and I away from a mormon potluck! 
And here is Melanie holding the one thing that might possibly be the death of me here in the citay. Magnolia Bakery banana pudding. Sounds kinda gross, right? Banana pudding? Who really likes that? But I tell you what. This stuff is goooooood. You'll have to try it to believe it. Melanie moved here in February and has been my treat buddy BUT also my workout buddy...
Melanie got a group of us to commit to crossfit workouts every morning at 8. Wooooeeee! It has been an adventure so far. In other words... it is kickin' my trashy trash.
 
Girl time at a rooftop party a few weeks ago. Don't let the smile and the light jean jacket fool you... it was a poor choice of wardrobe... I was freezing my patootie off!!! 
And did you know that the Spice Girls are back?!?! Well they are. And they are spicier than ever. This is what we did in between Sunday's general conference sessions. Abby = Scary Spice. Brooke = Ginger Spice. Nicole = Sporty Spice. Melanie = Baby Spice. Me = Posh Spice. Does life get any better???
 And this was my hot date at the Kinky Boots opening night party! Because the boyf is a big deal and works real hard at his job, we get to go to things like this sometimes. In fact... if the little sis weren't getting married on June 7th, we'd be at the Tony's on June 9th! ... thanks for that, Amanda. ;) We'll just have to settle for a post-wedding Tony's party at the Weed's residence in Henderson. Doesn't sound so bad, really! Can we roll out the red carpet just for kicks, mom and dad?
 A Kinky Boots cake. What up.
 There was one gorgeous day a few weeks ago. So Brendan and I went to the Central Park Zoo! It's a little small, but it's a fun little couple hour outing. The sea lions were definitely the highlight.
 And after the zoo, we shared some dippin' dots on a park bench. Like ya do. 
 The four of us here went on an adventure down to China Town one afternoon. Jon, Matthew and Melanie. Good company, good snacks and good weather, believe it or not.
 This is a thing. Buy it now at your local Harlem market!!
 Chad and Carolyn are our favorite date buddies. It's always a good time with them. Bren and Chad are both from New Jersey, so they took us ladies out on the town to a Jersey diner and bowling after... where-in-which I took SECOND place. Yep. Don't ask me how that happened. I am the worst at bowling.

And now it's time for a few celebrity sightings: 
 This picture is really great quality, I know. Neil Patrick Harris is on the right. He came to Pippin one night while I was working!
 And you'll need a microscope for this one, but that's Aaron Tveit... you know... they guy who played Enjolras in the Les Mis movie! Brendan plays in the broadway softball league and he played against this guy's team one afternoon. I was a little star struck.
 Jon came for a visit! He was in Crazy For You with Nicole and I last summer so we had a fun little reunion at Levain Bakery. Delish.
 I surprised Brendan one night and took him to see The Last Five Years, which is off-broadway right now. I even managed to get his work shift covered without him knowing! I was pretty impressed with myself. But the show was pretty good! It was fun to see it live after listening to just the music for so many years... maybe like... the last five.
This is everything I own. Well...at least in New York. And I guess I've added a few things since the move to my new apartment. Like... a bed! And a dresser! I actually wheeled and dealed to get the bed. It's a great story. Basically, I talked the sales guy WAY down and when all was said and done he wasn't too happy with me. All he could say was, "You smart lady. You smart lady." Thanks, Ismael!!! I love the new bed! And those cookies I promised are on their way...
 Just a sneak peek at part of the new room. I'm really growing quite accustomed to it. And I LOVE the new location of the apartment. So many fun restaurants and shops nearby!
 My cousins, Kimball and Kira, came for a few days! It was SO fun to see them and explore the city with them. They are two very talented and fun people. Here we are at Washington Square!
And Aunt Jan drove us all out to my cousin Tyra's house one Saturday afternoon. Tyra's family lives in Jersey, just about an hour away. It was so wonderful to be with family and to get out of the crazy city for a bit. Here's Kira, Kimball, JJ and Abby. Weed be jammin'! Literally.
Brendan took me to Serendipity and I experienced my first frozen hot chocolate! It's definitely a must. This picture has a story. We were just sitting there, minding our own business, and the ladies sitting across from us said, "Oh my gosh! You HAVE to get a picture of this! You two are adorable! This would be the best picture ever!" So... we complied... and here we are. 

And that's the latest and greatest, folks! Hey - guess what... I get to see these people in just 2 weeks ....
Wooooeeeeee!!!! Can't wait to party hardy at the June weddin'! Oh - and you better believe there will be lots of this...
No winter coat needed. Take that, NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment