Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What's worse than spraining your ankle?

How 'bout... spraining your ankle in NYC? The place where your main transportation is your legs, which are connected to your ankles... and feet.

Or how 'bout... spraining your ankle... in NYC... at an audition that you really care about?

Yeah, that happened. 

It's okay, though. It was a week ago now and the emotional trauma has somewhat subsided. :) And the physical trauma is gettin' better everyday! So... yeah. I sprained my ankle (and foot actually) at a dance callback last week. And it was probably the audition that I've been looking forward to most this season. But! What can ya do? I'm convinced that I'm just supposed to be here in the citay. Because if I booked this particular job, I would've been out of the city for 6 months. 

It was a silly thing, really. Not a difficult dance combination at all, but I slipped in my character shoes and hit the floor in front of everyone. It.was.amazing.I'm.sure. Then I hopped back up and pretended not to notice that the muscles in my leg and foot were spasming... And that I couldn't put weight on my left foot. Cuz that's what you do in an audition. You smile no matter what! So I went on to finish the audish and hated my life because it was stuff I can actually do! There was a whole tap combination that I would have nailed if I... ya know... didn't have a broken left foot. 

But again, let me reiterate: everything happens for a reason, right? ... Riiiight?!?! 


Now do you all feel bad for me? Cuz that was the purpose of this photo. 

Thank goodness for frozen veggies, advil, taxis, buses, trains and really nice friends and loved ones!

And the foot really is doing much better now. :) I can put weight on it and I'm almost back to my normal city speed-walking pace! ...Much to the chagrin of the spunky little girl I nanny. She was diggin' the fact that she could out-run me wherever we went. 

But nuttin' keeps this girl down for long! Bring on the rain, yo!

1 comment:

  1. So sad to hear about your ankle!! Darla mentioned it. :( I hope it really is doing better and you're not just sayin', you know what I'm sayin'? :)

    ReplyDelete