Sunday, January 13, 2013

And... we're back!

So... it's been awhile. I 'pologize. There's been a lot that's been goin on here in the citay. Christmas, New Year's, auditions, work, dancin' in da club... you name it. And I still need to post about my amazing trip home back in November! Woooeeee! 

But for now, I just want to check in and say that I'm still alive. Alive and well. I mean... sure, I may have had a few post-holiday blues lately, but I am still a happy girl. I maybe went to 3 different auditions a week ago and didn't get in to any (due to my non-equity status and the millions of actors here who are trying to be rich and famous--- well, maybe just the famous part)... but guess what... it is a toasty 50 degrees outside right now and that makes me a happy girl. I was walking back to work with Brendan after a Shmackary's break last night and it felt like a warm day in July! Yessssss. By the way, ever heard of a maple bacon cookie? Well that's what Shmackary's has to offer. That and a million other delish cookie flavoriondos. That also makes me a happy girl. 

There are lots of things to be happy about. Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd be doin what I'm doin right now. Never. Yes, there are hard moments, but I definitely have no regrets about moving to the big NYC. I know that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be right now. I remember coming to Manhattan with my colleagues back in April of 2009 for our senior showcase performance, and at the time I had no intention of moving to New York to pursue an acting career. I was in a very different place with a very different future in mind, but life doesn't always turn out the way we expect it to, does it? :) So here I am! And I am just baffled by all the blessings and good people I have around me. 


HAPPY GIRL!!!

Oh, and then there's this guy who I get to live with. His name is Rafael and he is very good at breast stroke, rock climbing, diving and yoga. When not swimming laps in his pool, Raffey (as I like to call him) will climb up his rock and demonstrate a myriad of yoga positions. Then, when he needs a little cool down, he'll just swan dive off his rock (Pocahontas style, of course) with hardly a splash. Man, I love this guy.


2 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous you have a turtle! Like, fo' reals. :) Miss you, Deb. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Debra! I got to see all of the pics from Mom and Dad. SOOOO Fun!! Made me miss you lots and lots and lots and I soo want to come to NYC! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete